Vegan Chewy Granola Bars Recipe
A no-bake, easy vegan chewy granola bar recipe that comes out perfect every time with coconut oil and no refined sugar! A perfect back to school snack!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Yield: 8 bars
- 1/4 cup coconut oil(or butter)
- other spices/flavors (I used 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg)
- 1/4 cup honey (or another sweetener, such as molasses, agave, etc.)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup nuts/seeds (I used 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and 1 tablespoon chia seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt coconut oil, honey, salt, and other spices/flavors in a medium saucepan.
- When liquid mixture melts and becomes a bit foamy, turn the heat down to low, add the oats and stir to coat.
- Add the nuts/seeds, and stir to coat.
- Continue cooking on low heat for just a couple minutes (this will soften the ingredients slightly before you cool them, allowing them to stick together better).
- Meanwhile, line a small baking dish (mine measures 6″ by 8″) with parchment paper or plastic wrap, leaving the sides of the paper/wrap long.
- Add the mixture to the dish; press with the back of a wooden spoon so it is evenly spread out.
- Fold the parchment paper/plastic wrap over the granola so the top is covered (get more if necessary). Press the granola aggressively, so it is as packed as you can make it. I used my grill press, but you can also use a dish or cup, or your hands. Just make sure it is well packed and evenly distributed!
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool completely- at least two hours, but I recommend overnight.
- Remove granola from parchment paper- it should be in one big block. Cut into 6-8 bars, and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for about 2 weeks.