Vegan Beans Not on Toast Recipe
The method to Delicious and Easy Vegan Beans Not on Toast Recipe for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Recipe, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Yield: 4 or 8 sandwiches
For the Waffles
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon (21 g) agave nectar
- 1 cup (235 ml) plain nondairy milk, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Scant 3 cups (360 g) all-purpose ﬂour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
For The Beans
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, diced small
- ⅓ cup (50 g) minced shallot
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (66 g) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces, or 425 g each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon smoked sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, to taste
For the Sandwiches
Nondairy butter, for serving
Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
To make the waffles:
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, agave, milk, juice, and salt. Add the ﬂour and yeast. Stir for
a few minutes, stabbing the dough with a spatula to knead it. Cover and let rise for 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough. Divide it into 4 or 8 equal portions. (The dough will be sticky, so moisten your hands if needed.)
- Use a heaping ½ cup (155 g) dough for 4 portions or ¼ cup (78 g) for 8 portions. Place the portions on parchment and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Place one (if using a standard waffle iron) or two (if using a large and wide Belgian waffle iron) portions of dough on the iron and press closed for a few seconds to spread the dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges of the waffles aren’t doughy. Cool waffles on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.
To make the beans:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the tomatoes, shallot, and garlic for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes get saucy.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, paste, and Worcestershire.
- Add to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute. Add the beans, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
To assemble the sandwiches:
- Spread butter on each waffle.
- Divide the bean mixture among the waffles. Sprinkle with parsley.