Vegan Mayonnaise Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 cups
- It’s really important the milk and the oil are at the same temperature, that way the mayonnaise is easier to make.
- If you’re using an immersion blender: combine all the ingredients in the blender cup, place the immersion blender in, so that way it sits firmly on the bottom of the cup and pulse until the mayonnaise emulsify. Once most of the vegan mayo has emulsified, you can move the blender up and down to incorporate any oil that is sitting on the top.
- If you’re using a regular blender: place all the ingredients in the blender, except the oil and blend for about 5 seconds. Then add the oil gradually while the blender is going, turned it gradually from low to high and let it go until thickens.
- Try the mayonnaise and add more salt if needed. If it’s too thick, add more milk and if is too watery add more oil. Pulse again until the mayonnaise has a perfect consistency.
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Some mustard can be added to make the mayo tastier and less white.
- If you add a clove of garlic at the beginning, you can make a delicious vegan aioli.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 25.4 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.2 g
- Protein: 0.1 g