Ganache is one of those things that seem terrifying, and then you try it once and wonder why you haven’t eaten it every day. Enjoy the Vegan Recipe.
Use it to create a ﬂawless finish on Chocolate Truffle Cake. Dip strawberries, banana chunks, and vegan marshmallows into warm ganache for a decadent fondue. Or whisk in hot almond milk for rich, smooth hot chocolate.
Makes about 2½ cups
- 1 pound good-quality semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped or semisweet chocolate chips.
- ¾ cup coconut milk (full-fat, not light).
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or other ﬂavoring (optional).
- Pinch of sea salt (optional).
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk and sea salt over medium heat until bubbles form at the edges.
- Pour it over the chocolate and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add any extracts or ﬂavorings at this point, but do not stir.
- Using a ﬂexible spatula or spoon, make small circles in the center of the mixture.
- The chocolate will slowly begin to combine. Continue mixing gently until it all comes together. Try not to incorporate too much air into the mixture, as this will create small bubbles that mar the finish of poured ganache.
- Allow the ganache to rest again, about 10 to 15 minutes. It is ready for use when a spoonful dropped into itself smoothes out and its warmth is about that of body temperature.