This basic Vegan cream Recipe can be used as a mousse, frosting, pudding, dip, or filling for Chocolate True Cake. It’s incredibly simple to make and keeps wonderfully in the refrigerator. Be sure to use a good-quality chocolate, as its ﬂavor is very pronounced here.
Makes 2 cups
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package silken tofu, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Blend the silken tofu in a food processor until completely smooth, scraping down the sides to incorporate all of the tofu. Melt the chocolate according to instructions below.
- With the food processor running, pour the melted chocolate down the feed tube. Run a spatula along the bottom and sides of the processor, add the maple syrup, and blend again.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes prior to serving, or store, covered and refrigerated, for up to a week.
Mexican Chocolate Pudding
- Add ½ teaspoon cinnamon and a small pinch of cayenne with the maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Serve dusted with additional cinnamon.
Mint Chocolate Pudding
- Add ¼ teaspoon mint extract or mint schnapps (Bacchus Brand Mint Schnapps is vegan) with the maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Add 1 cup water with the maple syrup or agave nectar. Divide the mixture evenly between 6 to 8 popsicle molds, depending on size.
- Freeze until solid.