Vegan Moroccan Mint Tea Recipe
You can barely take a step in the markets of Marrakech without tripping over fresh mint, or at least without being offered a glass of hot, sweet mint tea. Now you can enjoy this outstanding vegan drink at home with this recipe.
Serves: 2 servings (double or triple as needed)
- 2 heaping teaspoons loose green tea (any green variety will do)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 rounded tablespoons sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- Place tea leaves in a teapot or saucepan. Pour boiling water over, cover, and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain into another pot containing the sugar and half the mint, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into 2 small cups, and serve immediately, garnished with the remaining mint.