Hummus is a delicious, vegan, healthy, quick and easy to prepare dip or spread. You can eat hummus with olives, nachos, crudités, pita bread or even spread it on sandwiches. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Serves: about 2½ cups
When I want hummus, I want it this way: sour, with raw tahini and lemon, and reeking of garlic. Add an extra clove if you’re bent toward isolation, as it will certainly provide the opportunity.
- 1 (25-ounce) can chickpeas, or 2½ cups cooked
- ⅓ cup tahini, preferably raw
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ cup water
- Dump everything into a food processor or blender and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- The hummus will be whipped and ﬂuﬀy, and should have no lumps whatsoever.
- If you have a high-speed blender, this is an excellent time to use it, as it will create a smooth texture that can’t be replicated in a food processor.