Vegan Caesar Salad Recipe
Vegan and BETTER than the original.
This is my vegan recipe for Caesar salad. If you think you it can’t be delicious without chicken meat, try this vegan Caesar salad and I bet you’ll change your mind. and remember that the goal is to eat right not less
Serves: 2 servings (double or triple as needed)
The well-known classic, tangy with lemon and garlic, and scattered with hearty croutons. Any good bread will work with the croutons. Try sprouted grain or pumpernickel for a unique, earthy ﬂavor.
- 2 slices bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ﬂat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 2-inch pieces of nori, clipped or shredded into very small pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Heat the oven to 350° F. On a baking sheet, toss together the bread, olive oil, and parsley.
- Sprinkle sea salt over, and toss again.
- Toast until golden-brown 10 to 15 minutes, then set aside to cool while you make the dressing. In a salad bowl, mash together the garlic, salt, mayonnaise, and Dijon, using the back of a fork or wooden spoon.
- Add the nori and fresh lemon juice, and mash again.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil; the consistency should have a runny creaminess.
- Add the romaine to the bowl, stirring to coat evenly.
- Top with croutons and serve immediately