The best, easiest homemade vegan guacamole recipe. Chunky avocados mixed with chopped plum tomatoes and onions, infused with fresh lime juice and chipotle chilies.
This spicy guacamole is also tasty with plantain chips.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- ½ cup finely chopped plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice (optional)
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients, except the chips, until thoroughly combined.
- Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate 2 to 12 hours and serve chilled, accompanied by the chips.
Per serving (without chips):
- Calories 88
- Protein 1g
- Total Fat 8g
- Sat. Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sodium 73mg