Vegan Coquettish Quinoa Croquettes Recipe
This vegan recipe of Quinoa croquettes is delicious and make a great accompaniment to a Vegan meal of steamed vegetables. They are best served with a tasty sauce.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
These beautiful, yummy and crispy croquettes work wonderfully as appetizers. They’re low in calories and fat and therefore won’t prevent you from choosing a more luxurious main, while still being full of unique flavors. Of course, you don’t have to have them as appetizers. They work equally well as snacks or as sides.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups corn, frozen (10 ounces of frozen corn kernels)
- 2 cups no-salt-added vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup black beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (the whole onions)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup ground pumpkin seeds (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (OPTIONAL)
- Start off by washing the quinoa well. Take a medium saucepan, put it on a medium to high flame and add the quinoa, garlic, 1/2 a teaspoon of sea salt and cayenne. Put the lid on and wait for it to boil, then turn down the heat and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the other 1/2 teaspoon of salt, corn, flaxseed, green onions, black beans and (the optional) pumpkin seeds.
- Take a baking tray and cover it with parchment paper (oil will work as well). Be aware that these croquettes can very stick, so parchment paper is the safer option.
- Once the quinoa mixture has cooled enough for you to handle it take about 2 tablespoons in your hands per time, shape it into log-like shapes and place it on the baking sheet. Continue until done. If this is difficult because the mixture is too dry, it is fine to add some water. If, on the other hand, it is too moist, use brown rice flour to thicken it.
- For a brown crispy crust, spray some cooking oil over them. Turn the oven up to 400˚F and put them inside (preheating isn’t necessary). Let it bake for 35 minutes, or until they are light golden brown and have crispy edges.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories 94
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 1 g
- Carbohydrates 18 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sodium 139 mg