Vegan Cellophane Noodles with Scallions and Chow Sauce Recipe
The Recipe for Delicious and Easy Cellophane Noodles with Scallions and Chow Sauce You can add any variety of vegetables or tofu to this basic Chinese recipe.simply stir-fry them along with the scallions and garlic, increasing the cooking time a minute or two. Frozen vegetables (broccoli is a good choice) can be cooked separately and tossed in at the end. For extra protein, add a garnish of chopped peanuts, almonds, or cashews.
Serves: 2 main-dish or 4 side-dish servings
- 1 (3.75-ounce) package cellophane noodles or mung bean threads 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 to 4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Chow Sauce
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the noodles 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse brieﬂy under cold running water.
- Using your fingers, tear the noodles into 4-inch-long clumps and set aside. In a wok or large nonstick skillet, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallions and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until softened and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the noodles and Chow Sauce; cook, tossing and stirring constantly 2 minutes.
- Serve at once.
- Calories 301
- Protein 2g
- Total Fat 7g
- Sat. Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Sodium 610mg