Chinese-Style Hot-and-Sour Rice Noodles with Snow Peas and Cucumber Vegan Diet
The method to Delicious and Easy Noodles with Snow Peas and Cucumber for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Recipes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Serves: 3 to 4 servings
For added protein, sprinkle each serving with 1 or 2 tablespoons of chopped peanuts or slivered almonds.
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 8 ounces dried flat (stir-fry or linguine-style)
- rice noodles, broken in half if bundled
- 2½ tablespoons low-sodium soy or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon plain rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ tablespoons toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese hot chili oil
- ½ cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 2 scallions, white and green par, thinly ts, thinly sliced
- Bring a large stockpot filled with water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Add the snow peas to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice-water bath; refresh 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a small bowl. Meanwhile, return the water to the stockpot to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rice noodles. Let soak, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until just al dente, or tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water 30 seconds. Drain well and return to the pot. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar to the pot and turn the heat to medium-low; toss a few minutes until the noodles absorb most of the liquid.
- Add the sesame oil and chili oil and toss well to thoroughly combine.
- Add the reserved snow peas, cucumber, and scallions and toss until heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
- Calories 376
- Protein 2g
- Total Fat 9g
- Sat. Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Carbohydrate 73g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sodium 512mg