Asian Rice Noodle Salad with Tofu Vegan Diet
The method of Delicious and Easy Asian Rice Noodle Salad with Tofu for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Recipes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
This spicy tofu noodle salad with vagrant spices is a taste of the orient in your home. It really is quite wonderful, with its jalapeno based spiciness, its soy sauce saltiness, and its limey freshness. Your family will eat every last noodle, hunt down every last almond sliver and beg you to make more.
- 1 8 ounces packaged tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 Thai chili or jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced (more if you like spicy)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 6 scallions sliced thin – white part only
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage or radicchio
- 5 oz. dried rice noodles
- 1 1/2 cups julienned cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup additional low-sodium soy to marinate tofu
- 3 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 1/2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- Put the tofu and a 1/4 cup of soy sauce in a bowl and let it marinate.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, chile and garlic and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a larger bowl combine the cucumber, basil, green onion and cabbage. Add some of the lime mixtures and toss well.
- Take the tofu from the marinade and toss it with the cornstarch, then add it to a nonstick skillet and sauté it over a medium-high heat until the tofu has browned. Add the cabbage mixture and toss them through each other. You might want to add more lime.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Divide the noodles across the plates, then put the tofu mixture on top and sprinkle the almonds across the plates. It is ready to be served.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories 193
- Protein 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates 34 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Sodium 363 mg