Jamaican Curry With Brown Rices Vegan Diet
The method to Delicious and Easy Jamaican Curry With Brown Rices for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Pancakes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- 1 tablespoon Allspice powder
- 2 cups tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-inch ginger root, minced
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 sprig of thyme or basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ pound pumpkin, chunks
- A pinch of salt, mustard powder, and paprika
- Cook the brown rice using your preferred method.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into smaller chunks. Add the chunks to a bowl and season them with salt, mustard, and paprika. Set the bowl aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat then reduce the heat to medium-low. Sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes. Add the ginger, allspice, and garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, salt, and seasoned pumpkin chunks. Cook the mixture for 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add a little water if the gravy is too dry.
- Add the basil or thyme leaves, and remove the skillet from the heat. Serve hot with brown rice, vegetable noodles, or bread.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
• Calorie: 287
• Fat (g): 7.1
• Carbs (g): 49.4
• Fiber (g): 7.2
• Sugar (g): 6.2
• Protein (g): 7.2