The method to Delicious and Easy Hearty Greens and Charming Chickpea Sauté for a New Healthy Vegan Lifestyle – (Vegan Diet, Vegan Recipes, Weight Loss, Vegetarian)
Yield: Serves 8
PrepTime: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
In this dish the vegetables are sautéed, thereby keeping both the flavor and the nutritional goodness. This is a great way to show doubters that it is possible to cook greens in a way that is utterly appetizing and might well convince them that there’s more to our kitchen than they’d ever thought possible.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 pounds mixed hearty greens, chopped (e.g. collards, kale, and/or chard) (leaves only)
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons unrefined granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- Take a nonstick skillet, add oil and heat it over a medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for 7 minutes, then add in the carrots and cook for another 4 minutes. Add the hearty green mixture and cook until everything is done.
- As the vegetables are doing their thing in the skillet, mix together the chickpeas, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and the sugar in a small pan. Then cook the mixture until there is no liquid left. This will give a sweetened red wine flavor to the chickpeas.
- When vegetables are done add 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and stir it in, then add the chickpeas mixture and cook for about 1 minute.
- It is ready to be served.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories 153
- Protein 8 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fat 2 g
- Carbohydrates 26 g
- Fiber 8 g
- Sodium 297 mg